Blog of the Week
Winner for May 19th - May 25th:
[None; Currently accepting entries!]
Welcome to my Blog of the Week contest! I know I’m not the most popular of blogs, but, I still want to give it a shot.
This will not be your typical nomination. It will have nothing to do with voting, numbers of likes and reblogs, promos for promos, or any kind of spammy popularity contests. If you have been following me for long, you already know I hate those kinds of things. Rather, this will have everything to do with how you are as a person.
So, here are my rules!
- If you are interested in running for blog of the week, send in a submit with the following form filled out:
How much of your content is original?:
What kinds of things do you post?:
How would you describe your blog overall?:
How would you describe yourself?:
What brought you to Tumblr?:
Is your ask enabled?:
If it isn’t, please give an email address where I can reach you:
The more wordy and creative you are - and not to mention the use of proper grammar - the more of my interest you will capture. :) BUT, it is important to note that what you write here will not determine whether you win or not. It just paints your canvas for me, helps me determine who you are, what your blog is, and sets the scene for the later steps.
- After you’ve submitted, I will message you letting you know I’ve received it, and that you’re in the running. If the running for that week has already started, then your submission will be put on hold until the next week starts. It’s only fair to those already running, and to you, so that everyone gets the same amount of time.
- I will then spend a good amount of time looking around your blog and following any links you may have, using them to discern exactly what type of person you are. That, after all, is what this is about. Not the popularity of the blog, but your quality as a person. Anything you may have on your blog, or linked from your blog, is fair game.
- If you wish, you may ask your friends, your blog buddies, anyone who you feel knows you well, to send me a ‘letter of recommendation,’ if you will; a message explaining to me things that your blog itself may not, such as how kind you are, how good of a friend you’ve been, any qualities or traits you may have. It can be anything you may want to say. But, it needs to be an authentic, honestly written message. I am very good at telling the difference; do not bribe people to do it for you at the promise of a promotion in reward, do not make a post offering P4P’s if they message me, don’t do anything of that type. That will earn negative points instead of positive. The whole point here, remember, is to be genuine, not fake and spammy.
- If you wish to, you may feel free to send me a message of that sort yourself, for any reason. Please be aware that whether you have any messages sent to me or not will NOT give you an advantage or disadvantage over those who have not done so. It is merely a tool to help me understand *you* better. It is not the fact that the messages were sent that will help, but rather what is said in them.
- Me knowing you beforehand, or having talked with you at all previously, will NOT make a difference in whether you win or not. I will not let how much I already know you and like you affect my judgement. That may sound mean, but it’s only fair to those who may be entering who have not talked with me before. I will be looking at all the entries as someone who has never spoken with you before. There will be absolutely NO prejudice, don’t you worry.
- Each run will last a week, up until Sunday night of that week. At that time, based upon what I gathered from your blog and/or the messages I may have received about you, I will decide who deserves the spot on my blog.
- That person will get ONE post dedicated to them, announcing that they have won, along with a message from me notifying them. Their URL will then be on the sidebar of my blog [above my disclaimer], as well as on this page. And there it will stay for a week, until the next week’s winner is decided.
- If you enter, and don’t win for one week, you don’t need to re-enter for the next. You don’t need to ask your friends to re-message me, either; anything you send in will remain fair game for later weeks. For example: if you have three of your friends send me long messages about how much of a sweetheart you are, but someone still wins over you, you very well may win the next week without sending in anything further. It all depends on what I discover about you.
- Remember, this is about quality, not quantity. If I get ten messages, all saying ‘So-and-so is great! She should win!’, it’s really very obvious that it’s not genuine. One long, well-written submit by a close friend of yours will win over follower fodder any day.
- These rules are subject to change! This is all going off of an idea, and I’m still experimenting with how it will work in practice. It may pick up like lightning, and it may just fall over flat. Of course, if anything significant changes, I will be sure to notify you accordingly.
And that’s it! Let yourself shine, good luck, and most importantly, have fun! <3
[This whole idea was sparked by a BotW trial by my friend Eunice, who is not doing it anymore, but still should be given credit for inspiring me. :) ]